The IBA's computing facilities are being continuously upgraded to keep them in sync with fast paced advances in computing technologies. IBA believes that a modern IT environment for students, faculty and administration is absolutely essential for providing quality education. To achieve this objective, the recently commissioned state-of-the-art ICT infrastructure will allow easy accessibility to students, faculty, administration, as well as parents and alumni, enabling them to interact with one another.
The IBA's Center for Information & Communication Technology (CICT) provides computing facilities to staff, faculty, and students. It also develops plans with objectives and actions that help achieve a highly competitive and technology-intensive environment for the Institute. Some of the services provided by center include E-mail and Internet Service, IT Help Desk, video conferencing, and lecture recording.
The CICT has in recent years initiated major improvement in the IT Infrastructure in order to achieve the following:
The center provides ICT services to IBA Main and City campuses, Hostels and Staff Town, serving a total of around 4000 users on and off campus and a sizable number of Alumni. The principal aim of the CICT is to bring state of the Art Technology in to IBA, provides essential services and promote automation. Striving hard to provide essential services ,the center works day and night to meet the end users requirements of Internet, Email, Distance Learning (Video Conferencing), Unified Communications (VoIP) etc.
- Tier III (Compliance) data center, first of its kind in educational sector in Pakistan.
- Full range of licensed software for academic, research and general office use.
- 24 hours' of access to e-mail available globally .
- High-speed inter campus connectivity with backup radio link.
- Radio links between Main Campus, staff town and hostels.
- All Labs & Classrooms Multimedia-ready.
- 500+ PCs .
- All labs connected via high-speed LAN.
- 100% coverage of wireless connectivity on both campuses.
- 3 general computing and teaching labs at City Campus and 4 at Main Campus.
- A Mac Lab (with 20 Mac workstations) at City Campus to cater for resource intensive computing needs, specially for graphics oriented courses offered by various departments / centers of IBA.
- 5 technology labs at City Campus for teaching advanced level, technology based subjects in degree courses.
- Lecture recording system to provides automated recording of classroom lectures and events, and publishing to the web or allowing as download to facilitate remote (off campus) students of IBA and collaborative learning.
- Mobile video conferencing solution to facilitate collaborative learning and meetings etc. at locations distinct of video conferencing (fixed) rooms.
- High-speed internet links (162 Mb/s at Main Campus and 39 Mb/s at City Campus)
Director ICT & CICT